- Audencia has between 13% and 18% scholarship students depending on the program.
- By 2025, the objective is to reach 25% of scholarship students and to diversify the profiles recruited to be in phase with society and the recruitment challenges of companies
- Professional baccalaureates are very poorly represented within the student body (at best 3 students per year) whereas 26% of baccalaureate holders come from a professional baccalaureate in France.
- Audencia wants to eliminate self-censorship for these young people and offer them the opportunity to enter a Grande Ecole.
The Sirius program is unique in France, offering a year of cross-disciplinary reinforcement for vocational baccalaureates.
What is the Sirius program?
The Sirius program is a unique scheme in France offering a year of cross-disciplinary reinforcement for vocational baccalaureate holders*.
Many of these young people enter working life, sometimes by default, fearing they won't be able to pursue higher education. This free year is an opportunity to consolidate their skills and regain their self-confidence to reveal their full potential.
And then? At the end of the Sirius program, students will have the opportunity to enroll in Audencia's Bachelor in Management program at a reduced cost. This program is designed for students with a baccalaureate degree (bac+3). Young people will be assessed according to the same admission tests as all students.
In September 2022, an initial class of young people from the Pays de la Loire and Brittany regions was able to join the Sirius program with a 70% success rate in the Bachelor's entrance exam.
From 2024 on, the scheme will be duplicated on the Saint-Ouen campus.
Sirius program content
- Reinforcing academic skills to achieve the prerequisites for the Bachelor's degree: courses in general culture, mathematics, geopolitics, methodology, office automation, economics...
- Personal development to improve self-confidence and self-image and acquire the codes and interpersonal skills needed in business: HR coaching, tutoring by students, public speaking training, confidence-building workshops, theater, learning to learn seminar...
- International and cultural openness to discover new cultures and improve language skills: language courses, internationalization at home, cultural visits and events and a trip to a European capital.
- Discovery of the professional world to broaden horizons and project yourself into the future: company visits, job testimonials, mentoring by professionals, one-month immersive internship.
Tuition fees and financial aid
The Sirius year is free with cost of living grants paid to young people far from home and based on social criteria.
From the moment they enter the bachelor's program, CROUS scholarship students are exempt from 90% of tuition fees and merit-based scholarships may be awarded to others.
From the 2nd and 3rd years of the Bachelor's program, students will be able to opt for the apprenticeship program.
Deployment of the Sirius program in Saint-Ouen
By 2025, more than 2,000 students will be welcomed at Audencia's new campus located in the heart of the city of Saint-Ouen.
Building on the Nantes experience, the School plans to develop the Sirius program in this new territory, which presents a strong challenge for inclusion.
Promotion of the scheme will begin as early as 2023 within high schools in the Île de France region, with the aim of training an initial cohort of 15 to 30 students at the start of the 2024 academic year.
- Commitment to a social innovation scheme unique in France.
- Involvement of your employees in the project's high points: admissions juries, mentoring, job testimonials, HR coaching, hosting interns, etc.
- Employer brand visibility: your company promoted as a socially responsible recruiter.